Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Ghostwriting

Alot of times I find pieces in my “junk drawer.”
Well-written, emotionally charged documents
which embody everything that writing is supposed to be.
Everything that I love about it.

But I don’t remember writing them.
See,
When I have a lot of those...
you know…
feelings...
too many for me too handle,
and too many to bottle up,
I sit down and I write.

I bleed, just as Ernest Hemingway said writers should.
And once I’ve finished,
once the pages have leached the vile, curdled emotions from my heart
(for now)
I forget it even happened.

When I fall into that space,
of complete abandon,
of full-scale therapeutic word purging,
I am not myself.

Not the self who remembers the past or dwells in it.
I am my purest self.
So pure I cannot even remember that I wrote, let alone what I wrote.
And that is raw, pure, beauty.
That, my friends,

is writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment